New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Feel bad about working in crypto, what to do?

Ask HN: Feel bad about working in crypto, what to do?
9 by whyamibad2 | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I work for a DeFi protocol that has a token. I joined in 2021. I would describe myself as having neutral stance towards the crypto industry, DeFi/Ethereum more specifically. I am not a fan of most other alternative chains or Bitcoin. I understand that the majority of tokens and services are scams and markets caps are a bubble driven by speculation, but I also see true potential in the technology and ideology. Both of these opinions kind of cancel each other out leading to me being neither fully pro- nor fully anti-crypto. However, the constant backlash from the public is nagging me. All the hate for crypto, even though much of it is uninformed, makes me question my decisions. I am also worried about future employability. If crypto fails, which is a real possibility in my mind, will I be unemployable because I spend several years in the scammy crypto industry? Just feeling a bit lost. Anyone else in a similar position?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog