New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: When you code at work, how do you code in your time off?

Ask HN: When you code at work, how do you code in your time off?
10 by john-titor | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I love my job as a data scientist, it's incredibly creative and a lot of fun. But at the end of the day I'm pretty much done with staring at code snippets and reading documentations. The same is true for the weekends - ever since I started to code for work, my motivation to code outside of it rapidly fell towards absolute zero. The problem is that I have a few private projects that I would love to try out. They all need coding. How do you find the motivation to work on such things when you also code for work? Personally, I think it's probably a healthy thing to pursue completely diverse activities professionally and privately, but at the same time I feel like not honing one's professional skills during your time off is a little bit of a wasted opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog